The Blazer GT8000 Big Shot Torch is an excellent choice if you are looking for a butane soldering torch designed for a low blow-out rate when you need to work in various positions. Likewise, if you need to work in a small space, the angled head combined with the stand will allow you to work hands-free. Other features, such as the gas adjustment dial, all work to ensure that you have full control over the flame. The flame emits from a brass frame nozzle, which provides a precision flame tip.
The Blazer Big Shot can be refilled with butane canisters and these are available separately. A piezoelectric ignition system is used so that the flame lights every time, and it also means that an external ignition source is not required.
Features of the Blazer GT8000
- Flame Temperature – 2,500-degree F
- Flame Control – being able to control the flame on a butane gas torch is important so an anti-flare, brass-frame nozzle has been devised for safety as well as an additional means of controlling the flame. It also provides a precision flame tip for you to work with.
- Flame Length – the flame length ranges from 1.25 to 5 inches and a gas-flow adjustment dial is included so that you can control the length of the flame
- Stand – Includes an attachable tabletop base stand so that you can work without needing to hold the the unit, hands-free.
- Ignition – Piezoelectric ignition system so that a lighter or match are not required.
- Burn Time – 35 minutes on maximum for continuous flame
- Capacity – will hold 35 grams of butane gas
- Safety – A manual ignition lock is included as a standard feature to avoid potential mishaps
- Body Finish – is black – limited edition white, and green are available on Amazon.
- Fuel – standard butane gas – canisters are sold separately
- Measures: 7.5 L x 5.25 W x 2.0 D inches
- Weighs: 12 ounces
- Warranty: 1 Year
- The height of the stand is just right
- There are no signs of wear after a few months
- Does a good job of regulating the gas – has a reasonable flame right up until it is empty
- The flame ignites up every time – reliable ignition
- Good quality build
- Reaches a hot temperature quickly
- Two hands are required to light the torch
Customer Feedback and Reviews
At the time of this review, customers who have purchased this Blazer torch have left outstanding reviews, and they rated it with excellent feedback. Most of the customers rated this torch highly because of its quality and excellent performance. Customers found it to be long-lasting in that it didn’t fall apart after a couple of months. They also liked its fast heat-up time and reliable ignition. One customer unfortunately experienced a malfunctioning unit, and that one low rating brought the average down. To read more of what customers had to say, read online reviews here.
What is the best Blazer torch?
The Blazer GT8000 is the most popular Blazer torch and has outstanding reviews.
How long does the fuel in a Blazer torch last?
The GT8000 has a large fuel capacity and a continuous burn time of approximately 35 minutes at maximum fuel volume.
Check out these torches
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Check out another review on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blazer-gt8000-big-shot-butane-torch-top-choice-larry-becker-zctae/