The Blazer PT-4000 Pencil Torch is relatively small as far as Blazer torches go. It is pencil-shaped and designed for very small jobs that require a precision flame to be applied in a particular contact area. It is small enough to be carried in your pocket and, therefore, very portable and easy to store. Its many features make it the perfect tool for various jobs.
It runs on butane gas however it must be a quality butane gas so as to avoid clogging the nozzle. Customers have found some novel uses for it, such as igniting campfires and cigars, as well as the usual applications for which it is intended, like making and mending jewelry, plumbing and brazing.
Features of the Blazer PT-4000
- Pencil shaped design makes it very easy to use, easy to store, and very easy to carry around with you
- A quick-start ignition ball is located on the bottom of the torch so you can operate it with a single touch with one hand
- Table top stand – this is excellent if you wanted hands free operation and it is also retractable
- Has a matte black finish
- 4 gram gas capacity
- Is Piezoelectric – this is the standard ignition system used in butane torches and it doesn’t need an electrical connection to ignite
- Comes with a manual ignition lock – for safety purposes when you are not using the torch
- Blue-torch flame which gives a precision flame tip and this makes it an excellent choice for anything requiring a small flame contact area
- Flame range is 0.75 to 2.0 inches.
- Burn time is 30 minutes of continuous use on high
- Need to use Blazer butane or another quality fuel, a lesser quality butane will liable clog the torch
- Temperature is 2,500-degree F so it is not too hot
Product Specifications Blazer PT-4000
Measures: 6.0 x 0.75 inches
Weight: 2.1 ounces
Item model number: PT-4000
Material Type: Iron
Capacity: 4 grams
Heat Time: 2 seconds
- Tough and finger-safe
- Will concentrate a flame in a small area
- Handy size
- Versatile – can be used for lots of tasks requiring a small flame
- It can take from 1 to 5 clicks to get a steady flame.
- Flame blows out easily
- Issues with adjusting the flame
Approximately 2/3rds of customers love this little torch, and they are impressed with its durability, size, and ability to effectively concentrate a flame in a small area, as well as the variety of tasks it could be used for. They feel it is an excellent butane soldering torch.
The other 1/3rd of customers are not happy and have had serious issues with the torch, such as it stopping working after only several uses, the ignition not working, not being able to adjust the flame, and customer service issues with Blazer. It is these negative reviews that have lowered the average rating. If you’d like to see more about what customers have to say, you can read the reviews here.
The Blazer PT 4000 Pencil Butane Torch is competitively priced and is available from online retailers. It also comes with free shipping if you qualify. You can find it here if you’d like to check for the most recent price. If you are lucky and receive a torch with no issues, then it is an excellent buy, however, if you fall into the 1/3 of customers who receive a faulty product, you are likely to feel differently. An alternative to the PT-4000 is the Dremel.